Monday, February 23, 2009

Stars and the Midnight Sky

While jogging tonight I was greeted with a clear night's sky teeming with stars. The rain in the afternoon emptied the velvet blue and presented the world below with the rare sight.

I've always had a fascination with stars. I think it all started when I realized that I liked writing about my emotions about myself and the world around me, presenting them in the form of 'poetry'. There's a certain magic to the stars - a mystical and unexplainable trait that makes you want to just stop what you are doing and stare.

Like eyes, and one pair in particular I love looking into, I enjoy getting lost in the beauty and the sea of questions that rises with the tide of pure fascination and envy; ecstasy in two bright and brilliant windows.

When you look up at the stars, do you feel the rest of the world looking? For there are so many souls and as many stars, but all in one sky under the imagination of all the people in the world. I used to ask - if I made a wish from here and far, would my words travel through the stars - as messengers for hopeful souls, across the skies would my stories' be told?

And tonight, as I breath with every step, I look up into the sky - my old friends from decades back - and ask the same question that I've grown to love -

I see the stars tonight. Do you see them too?

No comments: