Saturday, December 05, 2009

Skimming the surface of wanderlust: memoirs of a bus ride addict

You might say this entry is of a provoked nature - one instigated by the need to express myself after a night’s out with a friend. That, and several more reasons whose motives are praiseworthy and results immensely satisfying.

First off, I am on a road - one that may either seem to be a waste of time or of great reward. We managed to draw the shape of a carrot in a meeting earlier (nothing beats self motivation huh), and the sail’s hoisted with the sound of two milo cups hitting the crudely varnished tabletop at Casuarina in Thompson.

Then it occurred to me that vitality is of much importance. In this tedious journey we are about to undertake we see ourselves pushing forward through the disabling clouds of uncertainty, no option of turning back.

Thank god I, like most overly-hopeful ignoramus, have a far too panoramic view of a perfect picture - one that stares me in the eye very often with a sweet smile and a slight tilt of the head.

Does wonders for the soul, I tell you.

And while we’re on the topic of travel, I will let you know that it has been a fair month since I took a long bus ride home, opting the fragrance of a jam-packed Mass Rapid Transit. Reason being my driving lessons at the SSDC in Yio Chu Kang.

I was told I like praise, but who doesn’t right?

On a seperate note, those who value their lives may want to steer away from the roads near Yio Chu Kang and Ang Mo Kio lest an mal-vigilant trainee comes roaring down the lane (yes, I lack clutch control).

But no worries, the long bus rides will make their comeback soon, as I tire slowly of standing in a train full of after-work odor.

Three things - get cracking; get nice nails; and get myself on a bus.

No comments: