Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bigger than our bodies

As I take the bus back from work I enjoy looking up through the window to the sky, especially as the bus passes though the Tanjong Pagar area.

Buildings reach up to the skies in a bid to miniturize the rest of society, taking the corporate pursuit to new levels.

Leaving the rest of the island behind.

It reminds me of how small we actually are. In the face of all that's happening around us. And when you sit down and think about it, the buildings here aren't even cannon fodder to those in the concrete metropoli of the world.

I can tell you stories of people and their egos and their bloated sense of self-worth, but I'm sure you've got those of your own.

So please, the next time you find yourself shooting your mouth off, stop and breathe and remember that you are not even dust to the reat of the world.

Reality is, you're as insignificant as the people you always put down.

No comments: