Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Badminton Racket First Impressions: Yonex Voltric 70

I've had this racket awhile, but it got overshadowed by the awesomeness of the VT80 and the Z-Force. And then the other ones came in and I didn't get a good chance to use it till today.

I had a great singles session tonight - loads of running and chasing shuttles. For the last few games I took the chance to use the Yonex Voltric 70. I found that it's a pretty good racket - well-rounded in defense and offense. 

In fact, I had this feeling that I was hitting harder with the VT70 than the VT80!

The flex in the shaft (it's rated medium by Yonex) also gave me one heck of a wrist smash. Those who like to use a quick turn of the wrist to get the element of surprise and some angle will certainly like the Voltric 70.

I'm going to use it for some doubles action this week. Let's hope the feeling continues and we've got a great racket on our hands.

Review soon.


No comments: