Thursday, July 31, 2014

A little word of encouragement

So I've been getting very little play time.. work has been great, but all the projects have taken up quite a bit of time from the games and I'm left with like a game every two weeks if I'm lucky.

Will try to get the weekly Saturday games back at least, but the singles games are what I miss.

As a result of the lack of play I've decided to let go of some of the lesser-used rackets. Today I had the pleasure of meeting up with a young chap who reads this blog.

So he asked me why I've not reviewed the N50 yet.

So if you're reading this now, my next singles game is scheduled for National Day weekend, and I've got a game at Yio Chu Kang sports hall. Just coz you said so, I'll give the N50 a go and see if that's enough to get a review going.

Mind you, it's been awhile since I've played, so the quality might not be as good as I want to for a proper review.

But really, thanks for the mention, and do keep tuned here for racket reviews. They may not come as often now that I've mellowed, but there's still quite a bit to write about.

Cheers, and till soon.

3 comments:

KJ said...

Hi!

First of all, I have to say, I read your blog a lot and especially your reviews. They are very insightful and helpful especially since buying rackets is a hard decision for me as I have to wait years before I can get to buy another racket given that the high end ones are very pricey.

I just want to ask if you're selling some of your used rackets? I'd like to get in touch with you via email if possible. Mine is xKJx_25@yahoo.com

Thanks again!

P.S. I saw that you posted something like a semi-review of the li-ning 3d breakfree 80 speed. it's currently waht's being recommended to me but as I said, buying is a hard choice for me as it would take me another year or so before I get to buy a new one and I really want to choose a good racket this time.

Would like to see your full review on that racket if possible.

Arthur said...

Hey KJ, thanks for reading! Glad you found the article useful.

I'm selling a few of my rackets since I don't play much anymore.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/145410-Li-Ning-Victor-Yonex-Rackets-Clearance-(SG)

All for Singapore trade only though.

But that said, you still get pretty decent rackets with unnamed brands like Toalson and Hart.

Just whether you can put up with not using something the stars are paid to use and endorse.

In the end, the racket's only as good as its owner. I use a Voltric Z Force -II and I'm nowhere as good as Lee Chong Wei's sparring partner's younger brother.

Have a good one, and do keep me in check with your choice of rackets!

KJ said...

Hey! It's me again! I'm so glad you took the time to reply to my comment! It means a lot :)

hahah you're too modest and hilarious.

But anyways, wow, you're selling some of your rackets. I checked out the site and I'm really interested in the Li Ning N9 TurboCharging (Fu is my idol).

But I live in the philippines... Is there any chance you'd re-consider your area limit :P..? They don't sell that racket here... (Philippines)

Ever since I found out they shifted from Kason to Li Ning, I've been dreaming about getting that racket.

The other racket they recommended is the 3d break-free 80 speed. Is it as good..?

But I really do hope you'd reconsider... :)