Saturday, September 17, 2011

Badminton Racket First Impressions: Yonex Voltric 60

If the Voltric 80 is power, then the gentler and more elegant-looking Voltric 60 has got to be control.

One of the first things that I noticed is that lack of power from the racket, it's smashes not speeding as fast and it's clears not as high. But a few more games in I started to notice the beauty of the racket. It's found a niche in the area of control previously occupied by my Carlton Fireblade FX8.

With a light tap of the wrist, I could make the shuttle respond to my every command, controlling the game with much more ease than with the other two rackets that I bought to the game. Smashes had to be even more precise given the lack of power, but the advanced level of control that the racket offered made it as east as clapping my hands.

It looks like I will enjoy using the Voltric 60.

 One last thing that I noticed is that the Voltric 60 allowed me to play at my usual style - a more controlled and slow pace, where the Voltric 80's immense strength gave me the urge to attack more. I think I'll grow to like this light blue wonder a whole lot.

No comments: