Monday, October 10, 2011

Badminton Racket First Impressions: Victor Meteor X80

I had about an hour and a half of doubles using the racket yesterday, and I must admit it gave quite a good impression!

Originally I didn't think I'd like the extreme stiffness of the MX80, as with previous experience with my Victor Spira 21.

During stroking I had a little trouble with sending the shuttle back-to-back, but the quickness and accuracy were more or less present as you would expect from a 4U racket.

Then it came to testing the power and the smashes that the MX80 was known for. Korean champion Jung Jae Sung seemed to have a good time using the racket, so I was expecting something crisp, loud and of course, fast.

And the racket didn't disappoint. The angles I managed to get were impressive, even more so when I switched to using wrist smashes. The speed was acceptable, definitely since it's 4U, and the sound was amazing.

Went on to doubles games and the racket continued to shine. Control, power, speed - all came pretty close to the Yonex Voltric 60.

The next session's in Wednesday, and I'll try to clock in more playtime so I can give a more accurate review.

Because the Spira 21 seemed amazing at first glance too.

No comments: