Saturday, May 18, 2013

Badminton Racket First Impressions: Gosen Roots Aermet Explosion

I got my hand on one these a few months back with a help for a reader from the blog (thanks mate!). The colors of this racket is amazing, and that is more than enough reason to get a hold of one.

The racket seems very soft at first. I had it strung at 25lbs and the frame sort of misshapen a bit so I had to down the tension to 23lbs with a Yonex BG80 Power.

This significantly lowered the performance of the racket, since I've already started to try my hand at higher tensions. The low tension from the strings doesn't make for much feel in the shots that I'm used to.

But that being said, the Gosen Roots Aermet Explosion is a very fast racket, able to twist and turn at your whim to deliver the shots that you want. The smashes with this racket was surprisingly steep, and the movement through the air is something you'll have to feel for yourself.

The Aermet Explosion is very well made; you can feel it when your shuttle comes into contact with the racket. Every shot will come off well (disclaimer: this will also largely depend on the skill level of the player), and you'll learn to enjoy your game with this racket.

The racket is recommended for stringing at 20-25lbs according to the Gosen Japan website, so I'll give it a try at 25lbs with my Yonex Nanogy 98 and see what happens.

For now, here's a glimpse of the racket.


No comments: