Monday, June 02, 2014

Badminton Racket First Impressions: Yonex Nanoray Z-Speed

Hey guys, found out some other site's been taking my article wholesale, so be a sport and bookmark the original site - http://everythinggoeshere.blogspot.sg

I know I said I wouldn't give this a shot, but the words of a close friend do much to sway our minds.

And so I gave it a shot. And what a resounding bang it gave!

The Yonex Nanoray Z-Speed is touted as the racket what produces the fastest smash. I wrote a pretty extensive article covering some of the technology behind it. Take a read, and if you take away anything, it's that it's fast, and it's a looker.

Marketing aside, the racket really does deliver on it's promise. The speed is amazing (I was using a 3U) both in defense and offense. I've just recently developed a larger swing on my jump smashes, and the technique works like a charm for this racket. You can simply feel the punch coming off the strings.

Accuracy isn't a problem either, what with a small head frame and all. If you hit a proper shot with this racket, it will surely go where you want it to since there's not a lot of leeway to start with.

Backhands are a breeze, as with most headlight rackets, and I was able to pull off some really nice hits.

With I really can't say for now are the net shots. I didn't get much of a chance to use them since I went on the offensive quite a bit. Will attempt once I get another chance with the racket.

For now the impressions are positive. I shall look at ways to procure one for myself.

Review hopefully soon!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vs vt80???

Arthur said...

It's faster. Smashes I guess would be less powerful.