Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Badminton Racket First Impressions: Adidas Kalkul A2

Now this has been in my bag for quite some time, as much a victim of COVID-19 as I am. The green color theme really shone out to me and with a pretty nice touch on the swing I decided to spend a bit on this guy and take it home to join the rest of my collection.

Adidas badminton rackets don't get a lot of love from shuttlers, mainly due to their short stint in the professional circuit (good choice to go Yonex, Axelsen!) and also their generally being everywhere else.

Nevertheless, the price was decent and the quality great. The racket was soon to get it's time on the court. 

It wasn't until recently that I managed to give the racket a good swing - the head light racket is delivered with a stiff shaft and a large isometric head frame, something largely typical in rackets of its kind. 

The Adidas Kalkul A2 performed well on the court, from lights to drives and even clears. I had difficulty hitting long clears with head light rackets in the past but this one proved to be a cinch. 

Offensively the racket doesn't perform as well as a head heavy attacker would, as one would expect, but scores decently enough to still be considered a contender for some back court action. 

One area that didn't get much court time was its backhands, but given what I got from the forehand clears and smashes it shouldn't be too much of an issue. 

The racket looks great, and feels great. More will be revealed on the court when I finally get some games with it. 

Stay tuned.

No comments: