Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mulligan

A few years ago I was asked to make a decision - a simple yes or no questions that applied to two people at the same time.

I'm not good with words, and I still regret what I said that night, as well as all the other nights that I kicked myself for saying what I said.

So here I am sitting away from the kitchen, about to return to the one place that makes me feel in control. The Bee Gees are playing in the background from the living room, and I've been singing that song by Lifehouse (I apologize to the people who heard my rendition earlier). If a psychiatrist had a go with me I'm certain I'll be able to drive them mad.

Nobody gets to much heaven no more
It's much harder to come by I'm waiting in line
Nobody gets to much love anymore
It's as high as a mountain and harder to climb

Well, nothing in life's as easy as cooking a meal no? But how often do the best things happen? That's right. And when they do, you just have to go for it - climb that mountain, take up that line, do everything you possibly can because it could be the only thing that will make your life worth living.

And yes, the chicken's done. I've to go get it out of the steamer now. Dinner awaits, and I've asked Sharon to bring a camera.

Stay tuned for pictures.

No comments: