Saturday, October 19, 2013

New Badminton Strings: Toalson BL-6500, 6700, 6800, 8000

Visited my stringer today and he showed me a crate of these new top-of-the-line strings from Toalson.

There are four strings with different types of characteristics, as you can see from the picture. They're made in Japan, and from what I can feel after trying out three of them, they're pretty decent.

What catches me is the really cool colors they come in. Not all captured here, but they're awesome as far as I can tell.

Never thought to place them in order...
Left to Right: BL-6700, BL-6800, BL-6500, BL-8000


BL-6500 (Playability, 0.65mm)
My new racket is strung with this one, and from the first few strokes it feels good. The control was decent, but what stood out was the awesome hitting sound. Crisp and sharp, like I had tape on my strings.
http://www.toalson.co.jp/JPN/badminton/top.html










BL-6700 (Repulsion, 0.67mm)
The stringer had his Carlton Kinesis strung with this one at 26lbs. I didn't quite like the feel of this string - the shuttle seemed to come off the string bed very quickly, not fast enough for me to feel the shot. Would think that players who like Yonex BG66 Ultimax might find this a familiar feeling.
http://www.toalson.co.jp/JPN/badminton/top.html










BL-6800 (Technique, 0.68mm)
Seems to have a higher thread count than the others but I didn't get to try this string out. I tend to be wary of strings that tout technique or extreme control, given the Yonex NBG99 and its lack of repulsion.
http://www.toalson.co.jp/JPN/badminton/top.html










BL-8000 (Repulsion and High Hitting Sound, 0.80mm)
I have my RSL M10 Heat 700 strung with this, and all I can say that it's powerful. The strings smash like none I've ever felt, but that comes with a large drawback - I can't very well aim with it. The shots, while like rockets, felt very loose and hitting the lines are almost impossible for me.
From taobao.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How does the power generatedby this string compare to other 0.7mm strings out there?

Unknown said...

How does the power generatedby this string compare to other 0.7mm strings out there?

Unknown said...

How does the power generatedby this string compare to other 0.7mm strings out there?

Arthur said...

I've not tried any 0.7mm strings, but the BL-8000 offered a very powerful hit, unlike any I've felt before.